How to Setup GIT on a developer machine for Reservd
Store Credentials Locally
If you would like to store credentials locally so that you don’t have to use them every time you Pull from Git.
We can use this command to store credentials.
- git config credential.helper store
NOTE: You need to use that command before you enter host password.
More info in here: git-scm.com/docs/git-credential-store.html
- Run credential storage (nothing seems to happen, but it will record the next password used)
- Run Git Pull, it will ask for a password, type it in
- Next time you do a Git Pull, it will NOT ask for the password
Configure your user name & email
Get GIT repository from command line
git clone https://firstname.lastname@example.org/alterset/rsvd.git
Pull latest code from command line
Add files to repostiory
GIT add .
Check status of files
Push to Server
git push origin master
Get code down to a machine
Go to resvd/www/public/offer/test.html
Push (multi – step) to Stagig
Log onto Staging using Putty
* Somewhere in here is a backup procedure
Pull down to staging
Do the same for Production
Repeat on both SCOTT & 3r1 (you can get a Teamviewer login from me)
[/_s2If] [/s2If] [s2If !current_user_can(access_s2member_ccap_reserved)]